The Meukow House was founded in the 19th century. In 1850, Auguste-Christophe and Gustav Meukow, two brothers from Silesia, were sent to France by Tsar Alexander II of Russia with orders to secure the supply of cognac for the Court. After several voyages, they decided to set up a commercial office in the town of Cognac and founded the A.C. MEUKOW & Co. House on 1 August 1862. In 1979, Meukow became part of the Compagnie de Guyenne family owned and independent group, founded in 1969 by Michel Coste. Since that time and thanks to the support of the commercial structure of the group, Meukow Cognacs continued to beef up and develop their range. Meukow is now distributed in more than 80 countries.